There are many airlines that fly to Japan from most international cities. Once in Japan, you can fly to Hiroshima Airport from Tokyo (either Haneda or Narita Airport - flight approx. 1.5 hours). It is also possible to fly directly to Hiroshima Airport from Seoul (South Korea), Taipei (Taiwan), Shanghai (China) and Hong Kong. If you plan on travelling in Asia before or after the Congress, flying from one of these airports may suit you.
Depending on your country of origin, you may need a visa for entry into Japan. There are 68 countries where Nationals and Citizens do not require a visa to visit Japan for a short stay. For more information about visa requirements and applications, please see the following links:
Once you arrive in Hiroshima City, there are lots of options to get to the Congress Venue.
From Hiroshima JR Rail Station:
- Bus (approx. 20 minutes, fee 220 JPY)
- Take the No. 24 Hiroshima bus (red and white buses) for Yoshijima from A-3 at the South exit of the station. Get off at 'Peace Memorial Park.'
- Streetcar (approx. 25 minutes including about 10 minutes walk, fee 180 JPY)
- Take the Ujina streetcar and get off at 'Fukuromachi.' You then walk for approx. 10 minutes but the venue will be easy to find.
- Take the Eba or Miyajima streetcar, get off at 'Genbaku Dome Mae' followed by 10 minutes walk.
- Taxi (approx. 15 minutes, fee approx. 1,200 JPY)
From Hiroshima Airport:
- Limousine Bus (approx. 70 minutes to Hiroshima Bus Center, fee 1,340 JPY)
- From the First Floor Arrival Gate at the airport, take the limousine bus bound for 'Hiroshima Bus Center' and get off at the Bus Center. The Congress venue is about 10 minutes walk from the Bus Center.
- Taxi (approx. 50-60 minutes, fee approx. 13,000-15,000 JPY)
**please note, information in this section is correct as of August 2017. Fees and public transport routes may differ but which is unfortunately beyond our control, however we will try our best to keep the information in this section as accurate as possible**